So, I managed to crash the Parkland Composite High
one-act auditions this year and I’m super glad that I did, as The Secret Garden
scored several more fabulous performers from them. One of those performers is
Sam Pennings.
Mr. Craven, is a quiet, brooding man who prefers to
wander the far reaches of the earth than remain at home and be reminded of his
dear departed wife. ‘I believe I would be very sad if my loved one died,’ Sam empathizes
about his character, but how he could just abandon his child and lock away all
memories of his wife, are a mystery to the young actor.
It is quite the skill to learn how to portray a role with
actions and values you yourself may not share, but Sam has risen to the
occasion and created a very compelling character.
Sam really loves being on stage and performing in
front of people and will be drawing you into this story of discovery very soon.
Sam’s favorite quote:
‘Father,
I’m Colin. You can’t believe it, I scarcely can myself. I’m Colin!’ – Colin Craven in The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden runs June 4, 5 & 6, 2015 at the
Red Brick Arts Centre. Click HERE for Tickets.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.